Friday, June 24, 2005

I Can't Come Into Work Today Cuz...

Homie is Now Home Posted by Hello



I picked up the little fella (I think...he really is too small to be sure) yesterday afternoon. The reaction to his arrival has so far been mixed.

Raptor, the old cat, is less than pleased, but she has kept things mainly at the hissing stage and leaves the room if Homie heads towards her.

MacLir, the old and blind cocker spaniel found Homie boring after one sniff and pretty much ignores him.

Mia, the big lab-mix is entranced and, I think, in love with Homie. She allows the kitten to bat and bite her tail, follows him from room to room, and whimpers if the kitten leaves her to follow me towards the food bowl.

Homie fits easily into one hand, yet he was strong enough to wake me from a sound sleep several times during the night for more food and for more play. At the moment, he is snoozing in my lap. I obviously can't get up and go shower and prepare for work right now. I'll have to stay home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Phoenix Woman said...

Kitten morsel!

Have you posted Homie's pic at http://www.kittenwar.com yet?

5:36 PM  
Blogger s said...

Augggh! Too cute! Must...resist...ball of..fur...

I'd stay home, too.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home