Monday, April 07, 2014

This And That

(Cartoon by Jim Morin published 4/4/14 in the Miami Herald and featured at McClatchy DC.  Click on image to enlarge.)

I don't have much today.  The news has left me too drained emotionally to think clearly, much less type.  So, I'll give you a few links and let you take it from there.

First, Mike Hiltzig takes a look at the refusal of Hoag Hospital in Orange County, California to perform abortions now that it is affiliated with a Roman Catholic system of hospitals.

Next, there was that horrific shooting at Fort Hood last week, and the analyses of just how it could happen -- again -- continue.

But even amongst all the bad news (and there was plenty), I did find a story that just warmed my heart: it's about some women reaching out to those less fortunate than they.

That last article is enough to sustain me, but only after I get a little more rest.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be a bit more coherent.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I'm glad there was good news, Diane. For both of us.
~

1:58 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Yeah ... that kind of news sort of takes the edge off.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home