Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Cuckoo's Nest: Ain't Dead Yet


So, as I was recently reminded, it's been a while since I've posted something, or even been on line to chat with folks.  Well, I have good excuses, chief of which is that I don't have a reliable on-line system.  One of the other residents has been kind enough to ride on his account, but the signal doesn't always drift down this far.

Still, as noted above, I ain't dead yet.

I had my 68th birthday ten days ago, which kind of surprised me.  I wasn't all that sure I'd be around to celebrate.  I guess whatever's on the other side of this world just isn't ready to cope with yet another weird old broad.

Things haven't changed much, at least my prognosis hasn't.  Oddly enough, I've found some peace in the whole process of living and dying, thanks to this bit of wisdom:

"Listen to your life
See it for the fathomless mystery that it is
In the boredom and pain of it no less than in excitement and gladness.
Touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it
Because in the last analysis, all moments are key moments
And life itself is grace."

(F. Buechner)

That's good enough for me.


Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Pen Ultimate said...

LOVE YOU!!!!

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as you're on this side of the Veil it's all good. Thanks for posting.

..and let the House of Blue Turtlenecks know if there's anything we can do to get you a better wifi signal. Type of device (i or other Pad type device, phone, laptop etc) and approximate location like town and nearest crossstreet would help track who has the best network in the area.

Or just ask the staff there what they use or would recommend. If they hesitate just remind them that the more time you spend harmlessly online, the less time you have to foment revolution and mischief amongst the other inmates. :) --xan

12:50 PM  
Blogger Marcellina said...

Glad to be reading you, Diane! xxoo

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


Diane,

So happy to see you online! I'm glad the chocolates arrived safely and I hope they bring a smile to your face.
Please let me know if you need or want anything else.

Thinking of you!

Michelle/Lil Red

7:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Diane: I'm using SACH-Public
with: santa345678
be well
George

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home